Thursday, July 31, 2014

Travel & Fitness 旅行与体能


Starting 2008, I fell in love with travelling. From 2008 and 2012, I have traveled many places in the world already. During this period my traveling methods were walking sightseeing, rental car, etc... activities which did not required a high level of fitness.

Machu Picchu of Peru has been a place I always wanted to visit. And getting there with a train ride is not an option because I would love to hike the Inca Trail to experience how to get to Machu Picchu though the mountains just like the people hundreds years ago. Inca Trail is a 4 day 3 nights journey. Everyday is a 7 to 8 hours strenuous hike consists with mountains and jungles. The highest elevation is 4200 meters. Camping is required and no showers (for me at least) because the temperature at night is very cold. Before Machu Picchu, I had NEVER done camping nor long distance hiking. I was not sure if I even would like it. Also, I was always a couch potato and never did any workout or regular outdoor activities.

January 2012, I had made up my mind to book my ticket to Peru and Ecuador in July for 3 weeks. It was the longest vacation. I had 6 months to prepare for this vacation. I needed to increase my fitness. It was a coincidence that a friend referred us for a gym membership. So I made up my mind joined right away. For the love of travel, for the love of experience the travel in a new way, I worked out at least 4 times a week. I could see my fitness was improving so much and I lost weight in a healthy way without dieting.

When July came, I enjoyed every minute of my trip. I hiked the Inca Trail! It was so tough, I complained but I loved it! When you try your best see get what you wanted (in my case was the beautiful views and experiences), all you feel is achievement. I still remember that day sitting in the above cloud mountain, looking at the beautiful view, I was happy, I felt like I can do anything I want. And this feeling has "embedded" to my brain like I am a microchip. I became more determined and know what I want for myself and not influence much by others. I am grateful I discovered this at my age.

If it was not for the Machu Picchu experience in 2012, I probably not done as much the last two years. Since then, I hiked and camped long trip, I mountain biked at the Atlas mountains in Morocco, I rode camel in Sahara Dessert, I just got scuba diving certified. Looking back, I can never imagine I can do so much. Travelling have change my fitness, and fitness have change my travelling. All I need to do just keep it going. We only have one body, and I need to take good care of mine to experience the world.

Next time anyone travel, I recommend to challenge oneself and do something new. After all, it will only be a gain.

(中文)
从2008年我就爱上旅游。2008到2012年,我已经游历世界很多地方了。此期间我的旅游方式是步行观光,租车,和等等一些不需要高体能的活动。

秘鲁的马丘比丘是我一直想去的地方。别人是可以搭乘火车一天游,但这不是我想要的。我很想体验古人几百年从印加古道翻山越岭地到达马丘比丘。印加古道是4天3夜的旅程。最高海拔为4200米。每天7〜8小时高山和丛林艰苦的徒步旅行。因为夜间气温非常寒冷所以不能洗澡,露营是必需的。登马丘比丘之前,我从来没有露营过,更不要提长途远足了。我也不知道我会不会喜欢露营远足。另外,我那时是一个沙发土豆,从来没有锻炼或经常户外活动。

2012年1月,我已经下定了决心买票游秘鲁和厄瓜多尔月3礼拜。这是我最长的假期。那时我还有6个月做准备:就是要提高我的体能。有个朋友正巧介绍我们加入健身中心, 我立即下定决心加入了。对旅行的热爱,为了体验旅行新方式,我每周至少4次健身。健身减重不节食,我体能也提高了许多。

当七月来了,我享受旅行的每一分钟。我徒步登了印加古道!它是如此艰难,途中我抱怨过,但我喜欢!当你尽你所能见得到你所想要的(在我这情况是美景和体验),那是无尽的成就感。我还记得那天坐在高过云的山峰上,看着美景,我特别高兴。我感觉我可以做任何我想要的事情。而这种感觉就像我是一个微芯片而它就“嵌入”到我的大脑。旅途回来以后我变得更加坚定,知道我想要的而不会被他人影响。我很感激在我那个年龄想开了。

如果不是因为2012年的马丘比丘经验,我可能不会在以后的两年实现那么多。从那时起,我远足和长途野营旅行,我在摩洛哥阿特拉斯山脉骑越野单车,我在撒哈拉沙漠骑上骆驼,我刚考到潜水证。回想起来,我永远无法想象我可以做这么多。旅游改变了我的体能,而体能改变我的旅行。我需要做只是保持下去。我们就只有一个身体,我需要照顾好它让我体验世界。

我建议任何旅行的人去挑战自己,做一些新的东西。不管怎样,只有得,没有失。

No comments:

Post a Comment