Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kindness on the Road 出路遇贵人


It's full of people out there. You encounter people everyday. While independence is great for travelling, it is possible that you need help sometimes. Here are a few examples of my kindness on road experiences:

1. Florida Keys rowing mother-daughter: Because we were rowing, it was difficult to have pictures with us tow together with the boat. The mother-daughter ladies offered to take pictures and email to us.

2. Chinese international student in Germany: I don't speak German, so it is very nice to meet people speak English or Chinese in Germany. On my flight from Karlsschule Germany to Rome, I met this Chinese student and we had dinner in Rome, explored the city together, and share pictures.

3. Mother-Son in Grand Lake, Rocky Mountain Nation Park: The three of us met mother-son at a laundry room in a private campsite. We talked about our 5 day hiking loop and we met the next morning, the mom offer us a ride to the trail head. We saved so much time and a few miles of hike!!

4. Family of 5 in Wild Basin Trailhead Rocky Mountain Nation Park: Because too much of snow (July) , ice and too difficult, we had to end our hike at day 4. By the time we found a way out to any trailhead, we had hiked over 10 hours and no lunch. This trailhead is at least 30 minutes drive from our car. We had to hitchhike. The first person I asked refused. Then I asked a family of husband, wife and 3 kids. Our car was even further than their destination, but the they kindly agreed to help. I am so grateful for that. In the car, the father told me that he was in my situation before so he was willing to help.I also found out that their dream places to visit is Machu Picchu and Galapagos. I have been there, so we exchanged contacts and I sent them my travel itinerary. We both felt that it was destiny that we met because I never know I would be in this trailhead.

When need help in the journey, don't be afraid to ask. The chance of NO is only 50/50 and there are still kind people everywhere.

(中文)
世界充满了人。你每天都接触不同的人。旅行得独立虽好但有时候你也需要帮助的。以下是我旅途遇到的好人:

一)佛罗里达划船母女:因为在划船我们俩一起的照片很难拍。所以这母女主动帮我们拍下照片还电邮寄过来。

二)德国的中国留学生:难得在德国遇到中国人。同班机聊天然后那周末一次吃饭游罗马。还帮我拍照。

三)落山基国家公园母子:我们是在私立露营洗衣房认识的,聊到我们三个背包客的5天行程。隔天早上她主动问我们要不要她送我们直接去登山口。我们省了很多时间和力气啊。

四)落山基国家公园五口家庭:由于七月还有很多雪冰,我们在第四天中断了行程。走了十几个小时没有吃任何食物,终于到了一个出口。那地点离我们车还有30分钟车程。没有办法,只能问人搭顺风车。第一个说不行。问第二辆车是夫妇跟三个小孩。我们要去的地方比他们的目的地更远。好心的他们答应了。我真的很感谢。好心爸爸答应是因为他以前背包有次也要中断,也了解我们的心情。途中聊到他们想游Machu Picchu 和 Galapagos,我答应把我的行程寄给他们。谁会知道我们会中断而在这一个出口遇到好心人,这就是巧合的缘分。

但旅行真的需要帮忙时,不要怕问人。会拒绝的机会只有一半,而好人还是有的。

No comments:

Post a Comment