Saturday, July 19, 2014

Travel Companions 旅伴


You will meet a lot of people while travelling, but your travel companions are most related to your journey. This month I just got back from Rocky Mountain National Park with two colleagues. The short five days four nights hiking and backcountry camping experience allow us to get to know each other a little more and I have learned quite a lot:

1. Travel companions help each other in many ways from taking photos, someone to talk sometimes, share work and tasks during camping. It is much easier and safer compare to travel-adventure solo.

2. But you can't depend on travel companions. They are not obligate to help all the time. So learning independent is very important. Always prepare for the unexpected.

3. Travel companions will definitely push your boundary. This is a good thing. No one wants to have an unpleasant trip, so you need to control negative emotions. We had to hike more than 50 miles in this hiking climbing trip. It required tremendous amount of physical strength. I learned that I need to improve my body strength for future strenuous hikes.

4. I learned that there is one person in this world would tolerate and accommodate me unconditionally. I am truly grateful. I couldn't wait to go home to him.

(中文)
旅行时会遇到很多人,但和你旅途最密切的是你的旅伴。这个月和两位不太熟的同事去美国丹佛 Rocky Mountain Nation Park 国家公园露营。在这五天四晚的远足登山各自认识。其中我学到了很多:

一)旅伴可以让你的旅途更完美更安全。途中可以互相照应,聊天,拍拍照,分工合作。相对于自己远足更安全。

二)但也不能太依赖旅伴。因为帮你不是他的义务。所以学会独立很重要。尤其是万一时候你可以保护自己。

三)旅伴会挑战你的极限而这是好事,让人成长。每个人都想旅途开心,所有要控制负情绪。我们这次远足了超过八十公里的路,是对体力的大挑战。我很尽力很辛苦,事后明白要继续加油训练我的身体,还有经常挑战和增加体力。

四)我学会了这世界上有一个会无条件迁就和爱我的人。我很幸运,也很感激。

No comments:

Post a Comment